The Internet has transformed the practice of economic development
Today businesses are evaluating communities online before they ever make contact with the local communities or economic developers. Businesses are learning about, evaluating, and selecting locations for investment and expansion using web-based information and tools.
Economic Development Online presents the necessary background for understanding the Internet and online communication. It describes how to implement strategies you can use every day to put you ahead of the technology curve in Economic Development.
- National Trends in Economic Development
- How Site Selectors are Searching
- Social Media
- Search Engine Optimization
- Online Advertising
- Web Analytics
- Cloud Computing
- The Mobile Internet
- In the new world of economic development marketing, there are two options: Change or Fail. For those interested in the former, read and fully digest Economic Development Online. Anatalio Ubalde explains the basics of dozens of emerging tools and why they matter to today's economic developers.
- Andy Levine, President and Chief Creative Officer, Development Counsellors International
- Anatalio Ubalde captures readers through his clear, easy to understand explanation of what an avid economic development professional requires to be successful in today's Internet-centric world. To be effective, embrace and implement the best practices he outlines in Economic Development Online.
- Judy McKinney Cherry, CEcD, Principal, New Growth Strategies & Former Cabinet Secretary, State of Delaware Economic Development Office
- The competition to reach business decision makers in today's challenging economic climate is fierce. Economic development marketers must focus on strategies that will deliver results. This authoritative book delivers on all counts with tested strategies backed by real-world case studies. The book is a must read for economic development practitioners.
- Janet Fritz, Director of Marketing and Technology, Metro Denver Economic Development Corporation
- The Internet is an ideal place to connect businesses with customers. This book ingeniously shows how to connect economic developers with businesses.
- Miriam Warren, Head of European Community Management, Yelp
- Anatalio Ubalde's name is synonymous with successful economic development online strategies. This book benefits from his unique insights, experiences, and storytelling, to give economic developers a way to thrive in an online society. Every economic developer navigating the online world should read this.
- JoAnn Crary, CEcD, President, Saginaw Future Inc.
- My fellow explorer of the new world of web services, Anatalio Ubalde is the perfect guide for anyone bringing their professional activities online. The web has actively connected people beyond any other technology and this book covers the important implications of that change.
- Jan Jannink, PhD, Web Entrepreneur, Investor, and Stanford University Lecturer
- Finally, a comprehensive and complete guide for the professional economic development practitioner on how to conduct economic development online. Ubalde and Krueger explain in easy-to-understand terms what an online rookie MUST do while coaching staff and working with stakeholders in the process of economic development. From websites to mobile applications and soup to nuts, an economic development professional needs this on their desk as the ultimate reference.
- Marty Vanags, CEO, EDC of the Bloomington Normal Area and Economic Development Blogger